Last Modified December 31, 2021
Your Industrial Supply (“Company” or “We” or “Your Industrial Supply”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
Information We Collect
We may collect several types of information from you in various ways when you interact with us, including information by which you may be personally identified, such as:
- Your name;
- Email address (“Personal Information”) or;
- Information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us, automatically as you navigate through the Website or through third parties. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and other information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us: The information we collect may include, among other things:
- Information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us;
- Information when you report a problem with our Website;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us, including email, voice and chat transcripts;
- Your search queries on the Website;
You may also provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we may limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons, or used by such persons without your consent.
Usage Details, IP Addresses, Cookies and Other Technologies: As you navigate and interact with our Website, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including: (i) details of your visits, traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website; and (ii) information about your computer, device, and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type. The information we collect is statistical data. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns, store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests, speed up your searches, and recognize you when you return to our Website. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons: We (or service providers on our behalf) may collect information through the use of “Web Beacons” on pages of our Website and emails. Web Beacons are small electronic files (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs), which may employ cookie technology that enable us to record data about visits to or transactions made on the Site. This information is sometimes known as “clickstream data.” We may use this data to analyze trends and statistics to improve your online experience and our customer service.
- Flash Cookies: Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash Cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Third Party Sources: We might also receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information such as through co-branded or joint offerings with third parties.
Our Use of Information We Collect
We may use or disclose information, including any Personal Information, we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- present our Website and its contents to you;
- improve your experience on our Website;
- provide you with information, products or services and to communicate with you about information that you request;
- provide you with notices about your account;
- carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts, terms and conditions and/or arrangements entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- notify you about changes to our Website, or any products or services we offer or provide through it;
- allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website
- help us target specific offers to you, to help us develop and improve our Website, and to tailor our Website to your interests;
- generate personas, personal preferences, market trends from algorithmic and language processing/analysis;
- to respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations;
- as described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the California Consumer Privacy Act.
We may also use such information in any other way we may describe when you provide the information or for any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information to Others
- To Third Party Marketing Partners: From time to time we might establish a business relationship with other third parties whom we believe are trustworthy. In such cases we might license, exchange, share and/or cross-reference information, including your name, postal mailing address, telephone number or email address that will enable such third parties to contact you regarding products and services that may be of interest to you.
Links to Third Party Site: Our Site, sites we operate, and affiliated sites, display interest-based advertising and contain certain links to third party websites, such as our vendors’ websites and links to other websites intended to facilitate our customers’ shopping experience, such as Google Translate. We are not responsible or liable for the privacy practices or content found on these websites. We recommend that you check the privacy notice of each website you visit. Links to third party websites are provided solely for your convenience and any submission of data to such websites shall be at your sole risk.
Law Enforcement and Protection of Users: To the extent permitted by law, we will disclose Personal Information to government authorities or third parties pursuant to a legal request, subpoena or other legal process. We may also use or disclose your information as permitted by law to perform charge verifications, report or collect debts owed, fight fraud or protect our rights or property as well as those of our affiliates, customers, or its users. You should be aware that, following disclosure to any third party, your Personal Information may be accessible by others to the extent permitted or required by applicable law.
Aggregate Information: We provide aggregate information to some of our business partners. This information is used in a collective manner and does not identify you individually in any way. We collect and share aggregate information in order to know more about the general profile of our customers so we can improve your shopping experience. We use a tool called “Google Analytics” to collect information about use of the Site. Google Analytics collects information such as how often users visit the Site, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other sites referred them to the Site. We use the information we get from Google Analytics only to improve the Site and the user experience. Google Analytics collects only the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit the Site, but does not collect your name or other identifying information. We do not combine the information collected through the use of Google Analytics with personally identifiable information. Google Analytics plants a permanent cookie on your web browser to identify you as an unique user the next time you visit the Site, the cookie cannot be used by anyone but Google. You can prevent Google Analytics from recognizing you on return visits to the Site by disabling cookies on your browser.
Children and Privacy
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any Personal Information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Website, on or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will work to delete that information.
Data Security and Protection
We employ 128-bit encryption technology in all areas of the Site which require you to provide your personal or account information, including those areas related to online ordering and order status. The Site utilizes industry-standard firewalls and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to allow for the encryption of potentially sensitive Personal Information, such as your name, address and credit card number.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. You should recognize, however, that no computer system is fully secure and that there are inherent risks associated with Internet transactions. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our website. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website. To make sure you have the latest security features on your browser, you may want to download the most recent version of your favorite browser, which should have full SSL support.
The Data Controller of the information collected as noted in the ‘Information We Collect’ section of this policy is Your Industrial Supply (“Company” or “We” or “Your Industrial Supply”), which is headquartered in the United States in Columbus, OH 43229.
The Legal Basis for Using Your Personal Information: We collect your information as a Data Controller when we have a legal basis to do so. The following section sets out the legal basis for processing:
- Our use of your Personal Information is necessary to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and Your Industrial Supply.
- Our use of your Personal Information is in our legitimate interest as a commercial organization, including to improve your experience on the Site; provide you with information, products or services and to communicate with you about information that you request.
- Our use of your Personal Information is necessary to comply with a relevant legal or regulatory obligation that we have; in particular, where we are required to disclose Personal Information to a court, tax authority or regulatory body in the event of an investigation.
- Our use of your Personal Information is in accordance with your consent.
The foregoing applies to the processing activities described in the ‘Our Use of Information We Collect’ and ‘Disclosure of Your Information to Others’ sections of this policy. If you would like to find out more about the legal basis on which we process Personal Information, please contact us.
Your Legal Rights: Subject to certain exemptions, and dependent upon the processing activity we are undertaking, European Union individuals have certain rights in relation to Personal Information:
- Right to Access, Correct, and Delete Your Personal Information: You have the right to request access to the Personal Information that we hold about you and: (a) the source of your Personal Information; (b) the purposes, legal basis and methods of processing; (c) the data controller’s identity; and (d) the entities or categories of entities to whom your Personal Information is transferred. You also have the right to request that we correct any inaccuracies or delete your information. We are not required to comply with your request to erase Personal Information if the processing of your Personal Information is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims. Please be aware that if you request that we delete your Personal Information, you will not be able to continue to purchase products from us, as that requires our use of your Personal Information.
- Right to Restrict the Processing of Your Personal Information: You have the right to restrict the use of your Personal Information when (a) you contest the accuracy of the data; (b) the use is unlawful but you do not want us to erase the data; (c) we no longer need the Personal Information for the relevant purposes, but we require it for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our Personal Information use justified on our legitimate interests verification as to whether we have a compelling interest to continue to use your data. We can continue to use your Personal Information following a request for restriction, where: (i) we have your consent; or (ii) to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (iii) to protect the rights of another natural or legal person.
- Right to Data Portability: To the extent that we process your information (a) based on your consent or under a contract; and (b) through automated means, you have the right to receive such Personal Information in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format, or you can ask to have it transferred directly to another data controller.
- Right to Object to the Processing of Your Personal Information: You can object to any processing of your Personal Information which has our legitimate interests as its legal basis, if you believe your fundamental rights and freedoms outweigh our legitimate interests. If you raise an objection, we have an opportunity to demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate interests which override your rights and freedoms.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint With Your Local Supervisory Authority: You have a right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority if you have concerns about how we are processing your Personal Information. We ask that you please attempt to resolve any issues with us first, although you have a right to contact your local supervisory authority at any time.
How to Exercise Your Rights: If you would like to exercise any of the rights described above, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your message, please indicate the right you would like to exercise and the information to which it relates. We will ask you for additional information to confirm your identity and for security purposes before disclosing the Personal Information requested to you. We reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law, for instance if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. We will not always be able to fully address your request, for example if it would affect the duty of confidentiality we owe to others, or if we are legally entitled to deal with the request in a different way.
Cross-border Transfer of Information: Our servers and systems are maintained in the United States.
Retention: We will keep your information accurate, complete and up to date. We will retain your data for the period necessary to fulfil the different purposes outlined in the ‘Our Use of Information We Collect’ and ‘Disclosure of Your Information to Others’ sections of this policy, which will generally be for seven years. In particular, where you are a registered user we will keep relevant information for as long as you continue to purchase products from us. Where we are required to do so to meet legal and regulatory requirements, we will retain your data for longer periods of time, but only where permitted to do so, including so that we have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenges, or if we reasonably believe there is a possibility of legal action relating to your data or dealings.
Corrections/ Information; Removal Opt-Out
If you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us you may opt-out by emailing us at email@example.com or by clicking on the unsubscribe link within any marketing e-mail you receive from us.
Limitations on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL YOUR INDUSTRIAL SUPPLY OR ITS PARENT, AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, LICENSEES OR ANY PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DELIVERING THE SITE OR ITS PRODUCTS OR SERVICES BE LIABLE IN ANY MANNER WHATSOEVER FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS, USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY FAILURE OR PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS OR LINE OR SYSTEM FAILURE (INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR DATA, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, AND DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM INACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION OR INCONVENIENCE, DELAY, OR LOSS OF THE USE OF THE SITE). THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS APPLY WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER BASIS, EVEN IF YOUR INDUSTRIAL SUPPLY OR ITS AFFILIATES OR ANY OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE, BY YOUR USE OF THE SITE, THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SET FORTH ABOVE, SO THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MAY HAVE RIGHTS ADDITIONAL TO THOSE CONTAINED HEREIN.
Privacy Notice for California Residents
Effective Date: December 31, 2021
Where noted in this Notice, the CCPA temporarily exempts personal information reflecting a written or verbal business-to-business communication (“B2B personal information”) from some its requirements.
Information We Collect:
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device (“personal information”). Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, like:
- I. Health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA); or
- II. Personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) or the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA).
Use of Personal Information:
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- Present our Website and its contents to you;
- Improve your experience on our Website;
- Provide you with information, products or services and to communicate with you about information that you request;
- Notify you about changes to our Website, or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- Allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website;
- Help us target specific offers to you, to help us develop and improve our Website, and to tailor our Website to your interests;
- Generate personas, personal preferences, market trends from algorithmic and language processing/analysis;
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations; or
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information:
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract. We share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers.
- To Third Party Marketing Partners.
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose: In the preceding twelve (12) months, Your Industrial Supply has disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
- Internet or other similar network activity.
- Geolocation data
We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers.
- To Third Party Marketing Partners.
Sales of Personal Information: In the preceding twelve (12) months, Your Industrial Supply has not sold personal information. Your Industrial Supply does not sell personal information to third parties.
Your Rights and Choices:
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights: You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- I. Sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- II. Disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
We do not provide these access and data portability rights for B2B personal information.
Deletion Request Rights: You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to
- I. Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- II. Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- III. Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- IV. Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- V. Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- VI. Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- VII. Comply with a legal obligation.
- VIII. Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
We do not provide these deletion rights for B2B personal information.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights: To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by:
- Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative; and
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format: We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to forty-five (45) days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Non-Discrimination: We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Changes to This Notice
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on our Website and update the notice’s effective date. Your continued use of our Website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, the ways in which Your Industrial Supply collects and uses your information described herein, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us at: